It worked pretty well for a while, and then while I was on the phone with my Dad, I hear, "Mommy!!! Come look!!! Look how COOOOOLL!!!!" I didn't immediately jump and look, because we actually hear this a lot around our house. Having an over-excitable 4 year old makes a lot of things seem sooooo COOOOOOLLLLL. When I did turn around and look, I see my ONE YEAR OLD STANDING ON THE BUNK BED LADDER ABOUT TO CLIMB OVER ONTO THE TOP BUNK!!!!
I am not even kidding, people. As Mommy hurdled over the baby gate to "save" him, he laughed hysterically and kicked his leg up to finish his daring feat. He kept laughing his little head off and scooted out of my reach on the top bunk. Meanwhile, Big Brother is also laughing hysterically because he has never seen Mommy jump quite like that.
He exclaimed, "Wasn't that cool, Mommy???!!!! He climbed all by himself!!!!!!" However, I was completely freaked out, but also pretty astonished! After the shock wore off, I got Big Brother to hold the baby so I could get the camera. And I swear to you, he GOT ON THE TOP BUNK HIMSELF!!!! Now, when he tried to slide over the edge, I did have to intervene and stop that manuever. But, oh man, that little stinker. The kid is only 13 months old!!! What in the world am I going to do???
I couldn't believe it.

No comments:
Post a Comment