I took this quiz that I found at Count It all Joy, here are my results. Let me know your results if you take it too!
What's your theological worldview?
You scored as a Reformed Evangelical.
You are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.
Reformed Evangelical
57%
Fundamentalist
54%
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
50%
Neo orthodox
43%
Emergent/Postmodern
39%
Charismatic/Pentecostal
29%
Roman Catholic
18%
Classical Liberal
11%
Modern Liberal
4%
Hmmm, I wonder which question I answered "Modern Liberal" on????

2 comments:
Ok, I took this test. I think I failed. Or it did. I don't know. It tells me I am 86% "Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan" and that I am heavily influenced by the Methodists. To my knowledge I don't know any methodists, and I haven't ever been to a methodist church! My lowest score was 25% Roman CAtholic! Now, my grandma is catholic, so maybe genetically speaking I could be 25%, but theologically speaking I can't imagine it. It did tell me I was "totally depraved." :)
I think my results were skewed by my stupidity on so very many topics. For those I selected the middle dot between disagree and agree. ALSO, I think the test is... a little biased. It really wants to know one's opinion on the importance of Trinity doctrine, uses phrases like, "more important than" or "most important parts." Lively worship being as or more important than good preaching? What does that mean? Some "lively" worshipers probably think they're loving their God with all their heart, soul, mind, strength; and if they get excited about a football game, they better get that excited about God. Older churches "are spiritually dry and will die out?" Maybe. Some seem to be going that direction! But that is an absolute statement, and we can't be absolute about such things.
Who is Karl Barth and Bishop Spong, anyway?
Ok, ok... I know; it's just a quiz. I shouldn't analyze things to death, huh? It was fun; I'd like to see others' results... of course, I might not know what they mean (now I need to go read about Methodists)...!
I know, I thought it was a bit skewed also. The questions were confusing sometimes. My "type" Reformed Evangelical was correct, but I couldn't believe the percentage on it!? Wierd. And I have NO idea who those guys are either.... Maybe it's better that way.
Post a Comment