Dramatic Turn of Events No. 1: Getting the FLU SHOT. It seemed innocent enough. Like a high school dare, the TV, Dr's offices and signs kept prodding us to go get one.
"Go ahead, get one, everybody's doing it!"
A few days later, the two family members who were lucky enough to receive a flu shot had gotten sick. The baby had croup, and I had a fever. Wasn't that supposed to help us NOT get sick??? Hmmm, methinks there's a conspiracy here.... So, since Little Man just happened to get sick two hours after closing the day before the Christmas Holidays began, we had to take the poor little guy to the Emergency room. Where Daddy patiently waited 5 hours with the 104 degree-fever-having child until they could be "worked in." Thankfully, God gave Daddy lots and lots of patience and he was able to keep Little Man happy for hours on end.
Next turn of events: X-Man develops a hacking cough as well. Mommy begins routinely administering Vicks, running the humidifier, and dolling out cough medicine. None of which really helped, it just passed the time for us. So, Mommy spends the next few nights trying to keep both boys asleep and not coughing up their last meal. Bleh. All the while, I felt myself going downhill....
Finally: Both boys are at least 90% recovered and now Mommy has a good heaping dose of Bronchitis, Hay Fever, and "Acute Otitis Media" also known as ear infection. Ugh!!! And the kids are running around full-tilt-ahead. Whew, what a life!!

2 comments:
Awww ... I'm so sorry you're sick. But isn't that the way it always happens?? The kids get sick, you take care of them and then the little stinkers pass it on. Only thing is, when you're sick, there's nobody to care for you and your kids are running wide open!!! Figures, huh? I hope you feel better soon.
My grandma was a school nurse for decades, and only got a flu shot once (before school-nursing). That was also the year she got the Korean Flu and was sicker than she'd ever been (worse than polio!). She swore off flu shots (and doctors, generally) and never missed a day of work in her life (even when she broke her big toe one night in the dark). I can't say I'm made of titanium like her, but I haven't done flu shots for a few years, and after your story don't think I will! Glad you're feeling better these days... I'm coming down with something myself and it's bringing bad attitude with it, I'm afraid. :)
Post a Comment