Okay, so we moved into a bigger house, with a gigantic backyard, and have all the play equipment the kids need for fun and excitement outside. So, when I try to get them outside and PLAYING, they completely freeze up!
"We're bored!!" "What are we supposed to do?" "There's nothing to do!" "He hit me!!"
Here's half an acre for you. Here's half an acre for you. Now go PLAY!!!!
I don't get it. Little Man is often quite content to play by himself, he actually does fine on his own. XMan, however, seems to need constant stimulation and "ideas" on what to do next. He constantly wants me or Hubby to be playing with him. I feel like I can't get anything accomplished....
In "Managers of Their Homes," Teri had some good ideas on making playtimes only 1/2 an hour or 45 mins. Then, quickly switch them to the next actvity and so on. That way, they don't even have the chance to get bored! For the first few days, this is going to be a challenge, but after they get in the hang of it, I think it will work out better. I think I am also going to make a list of all the things they can do and split those up into certain days.
i.e. Trains: Monday, Thursday. Cars: Tuesday, Friday. Pool: Wednesday, Saturday. You get my picture. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:
Post a Comment