See, he says that because he was a "geek" in high school, he took Home Ec. to meet girls. That's right, people, my studly-HeMan took Home Economics. He learned how to cook his own food and even learned how to sew! I don't think he ever got a date for his efforts, but that's okay with me, I get to reap the rewards!
So, when I have big sewing projects like making Black-Out curtains for the boys' room, I feel confident asking Hubby for his help. In fact, when I leave my ego in the other room, I have to admit that Hubby sews a straighter line than I do.... He usually takes over the project and insists on finishing the actual sewing for me. I imagine it's because all my hurried-impatient-pedal-stomping gets on his nerves, ha. But, I am ever so glad to have a Hubby that doesn't mind helping me get projects done around here!! The curtains look great!
The kids are glad to have a Daddy who can whip up a fluffy, smooth-as-butter
"Just Because Cake!"
Oh, and the real reason I don't mind Hubby's previous Home Ec. experience? Because I took Shop in 6th grade and got an A+ and an award for Most Outstanding Student....


2 comments:
HA!!! That is GREAT ... I can't sew ... period. But my hubby can. He has to sew Bug's Scout patches on because I just can't get the hang of it. How backwards is that?!?!?
Oh, and I LOVE the cake!!!
Wow, I barely make the cakes for the 'legitimate' holidays! I did take shop in 7th grade. My grandpa's shop was a nice place to play, but so was granny's sewing room. Do I have to pick one??
That's so funny about your hubby taking home ec to meet girls!!
Post a Comment