There were others, but I took a nap and forgot them... ;-)
It seems like I have written several posts that begin with "If you had been a fly on my wall today," or "If you had driven by my house today..." Something crazy is always going on around here! Seriously, if you are lacking for good entertainment, you might think about starting up a Neighborhood Watch just on my house!
This morning I was all pumped full of energy, as I loaded the washer down and yanked the Kirby vacuum out of it's seldom-seen closet. I had the house buzzing and humming while Daddy and the boys went out to mow the grass. They had been outside for about an hour, when Little Man came banging on the backdoor asking to "EAT, Momm-eee! Pweeaaseee eat???" It was 11:00, so a small snack wouldn't hurt. I sent him off to the bathroom to wash up and at that moment, Xman comes running up to the back porch hollering for me! I stepped outside to see what he needed, and heard this, "MOM! Banner got under the fence and took off that way!"
This isn't her first attempt to go "over the wall," or under the fence as the case may be. She has escaped several times already. Sunday, we came home to find her in the next-door neighbor's yard. She has even shimmied under the fence to join us up front while washing the car. So, knowing this was about to get fun, I sighed and stepped out into the muddy yard to ensue the chase.
Last night, the dog was going nuts barking outside. When I got up and looked (at 3 am!), I saw a stray dog running around in the neighbor's yard. She never would
I caught up to her about 4 houses down, where she was sniffing like crazy and circling a "telegram" the stray dog had left. "Ok, kudos for finding it, now can we please go?!" To make it even more convenient, she didn't have her collar on because we just bought a new one and it was laying inside on the counter! I had nothing to grab but fur, so fur I grabbed. I
Now, this dog is only 4 1/2 months old, but she weighs almost 50lbs and is going to be simply gigantic!! I am 32 weeks pregnant, and more than slightly out of breath at this point! But, with the combined efforts of adrenaline and a wee bit o' Marine left in me, I lifted that puppy off her feet and we saunted back through the neighbors' yards. I was hauling a huge white dog, my face turning as red as my hair, and this guy in a car slows down to look at me! Unless you want some of this, buddy, just keep on rolling! Cause this Mama was mad!
When I reached our yard, Hubby was just rounding the corner on the lawn mower. He stopped and just looked at me, his eyes as big as saucers. I am sure he was thinking, "Um, what did I miss?" Since the toddler was still inside - on his own - I hurried up and contained the dog in the storage building until I could come back and properly put her on the dog run. Hubby just sat there watching me in amazement, and probably with a touch of humor. He didn't even question the use of his storage building as a dog kennel. I think he was shaking his head as I stomped back inside!
When I finally returned, the toddler had found his new found freedom quite amusing. He was attempting to resurrect a Capri Sun that Mommy had thrown away earlier. Apparently he didn't agree with me on the amount of contents left, so he was trying in vain to suck the remaining drops out. It didn't bother him in the least that I had been traipsing through several muddy yards, chasing their puppy down! "Snack, Mommy?" he asked.
That is why, sometimes, dear Lord, I think this crazy life is going to be the death of me yet!
(Oh, and don't worry, y'all, I put myself on "bed rest" for an hour this afternoon.)

No comments:
Post a Comment