About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

We have recovered, sort of.

We have somewhat recovered from our car trip! The kids are still operating on NC time, which is an hour ahead of us here. So, tonight we are going to try and keep them awake really late. Maybe they won't be awake by 6am tomorrow! We shall see.
This morning, we were back at church as normal. It was so good to see our friends again!!! Then, we always have a Sunday dinner after the meeting, and this week the Red Cross provided all the food. They have been using the church's gym as a staging point while they help out with all the devastation down here. So, they cooked us (the church) a big meal as a "thank you."

Some observation from the road....
Tape measures do not make a good toy bag choice. They can easily breach the gap from backseat to front seat. And Mommy's neck.
Louisiana bug splatters are no joke. They may be responsible for causing wrecks in some areas...


I also noticed that in every single town, city and state, there were very strict warnings about Littering. Fines for littering. Signs to remind you not to trash the highways. Signs to tell you the fine would be anywhere from $500-$2000, for throwing litter out of a car window.
If we can be so diligent about warning people not to litter, why can't we be that committed to warning people about SIN? Wouldn't that spark something? What if we had signs in every town, city, state that read, "Do not commit adultery. Fine: Death," or "Do not steal. Fine: loss of hand."

**Just so that you don't think these are random Jana-isms, here's where my thought came from. Leviticus 20 tells us the penalties God set forth for breaking His Laws. Lev 20:10 tells us that, "The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and adulteress, shall surely be put to death." God's idea, not mine.
Most people would argue that we are no longer under the Laws God presented in the Old Testament, unfortunately this isn't exactly true. The 10 commandments still count.
Christ tells us in Matthew 5:17 that He came to fulfill the Law. "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18. For assuredly I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled."
So, if littering can get a front page spot, a constant reminder that sin still has consequences, (even with God's grace and mercy for those who ask) sounds like a good idea to me!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Thank God for his mercy and forgiveness! If not we would all be walking around handless, blind, or, uh, dead.

Jessica said...

Even though I completely disagree with your point of view, it is still very encouraging to me that you have such a strong opinion about scripture...and actually do your homework. So many people have an opinion, yet straight up pull it out of their hiney...or even worse, have no opinion whatsoever. I love that you know what you believe and why you believe it. a very admirable quality!

Jessica said...

And for the record, I have committed MANY sins. I have also had many consequences from my trangressions. I am just eternally thankful that God chose to show my mercy on many many an occassion. I could have remained dead in my sin. But I am alive in Christ today, thanks to Jesus's blood.

Radical | A book by David Platt