About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The real reason I have been too busy to post is...

In other news, we have been crazy busy the past few days. Not due to the newborn in our house, but to the foot of water underneath our house! Since about two weeks after we moved in, we have been asking (nagging, harping on, pressuring) our landlord to get a plumber out to the house as soon as possible. When I wash clothes, I can hear the water hitting the ground under the house. Hmmmm, that's not supposed to happen. We also noticed that there are two holes in the drain leaving the boys' tub, that let water go directly onto the ground below the house! Hmmmm, that's not supposed to happen either.... The final straw was Hubby noticing that the kitchen sink is also draining onto the ground!

So, we typed up a long list of issues and presented it to him to be fixed. This happened a month ago before all the hurricane craziness. He still hadn't gotten around to it by Saturday, so we gave him a friendly reminder call - with the website about Texas Tenant Rights pulled up on the computer just in case he started to back out of fixing anything. He agreed to have a contractor out, and sure enough, Saturday morning they were here. Then, Monday the worker came back and fixed did a little more. "Fixed" things is a stretch, because he fixed the toilet that wouldn't flush right, and now the sink beside it is leaking!!

Today, nothing. I have a gaping hole in my side yard, and in the back yard as well. Just. Sitting. There. We called this morning and asked what the deal was. Apparently homeboy has a few other crews to monitor and they are more important than us right now. He will be getting back to us next Monday.

Um, I don't think so.

So, Hubby went to the Building Inspector for our little ol' town and Landlord should be getting a letter in the mail from them tomorrow or the next day. Hopefully that will solve the issue, we shall see. In the mean time, I might as well be living on the prairie because all of our waste water is going back out to the yard right now! So much for the conveniences of indoor plumbing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other wise known as under floor plumbing!!!

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry about your house. It really is difficult to have a rental house that the landlord won't help out with. Renting is usually the better way to stay out of debt, but when it comes to fixing stuff sometimes it's a drag. Hang in there...sounds like you guys are really handling the situation in the best way possible.

Radical | A book by David Platt