So, Distraction is a big problem for me right now. Distraction because we spent two weeks fighting off sickness and trying to rebound from that. Distraction from the gift-buying that
Another "D" in my life is Discipline. Discipline that needs to take place with my children - or when discipline does get enforced, and then I harbor guilt over doing it wrong! I also fight with disciplining myself, in my eating habits, household chores, and Bible reading.
The saddest and most perplexing "D' right now is the DOG. Such a sweet dog, but so very stubborn. (Fits right into our family!) We cannot figure out how to keep her in the yard and out of everyone else's! The other night, she climbed over the fence, and spent the night cavorting in the neighbor's front yard, eating Christmas decorations at leisure. We saw the remains of their poinsettias as we got ready to leave for church. Thankfully, they assured me it wasn't a problem when I went over to apologize, but I was embarrassed nonetheless.
The only solutions we can think of are: to try walking her twice a day to get the energy out, bringing her inside (haha, she's 80lbs and very furry!), giving her to a friend who lives on a farm, or having her on a dog chain. Hmmmm. Well, I just cannot add walking the dog twice a day, with three small children in tow, down a busy street to my daily routine. I could possibly wake up early and do it myself, now that Hubby makes his own schedule... It's on the list of "maybes". It certainly wouldn't hurt my hips and waist line to go with this one. But, that's still not even a sure-thing to keep her in the yard. We agreed not to have an indoor dog on our lease, so that's out. I hate having her chained all the time, not to mention she barks way more when tied up. Who can blame her?? So, we're going to call our farming buddies and see if anyone is interested. We have one in particular who owns a male Great Pyr and it might be a really good match....
But, I guess my biggest and most annoying "D" is Despair. I tend to let things overwhelm me constantly. Even small things like forgetting something at the grocery store can send me into a whirlwind of guilt! Why do I let these everyday issues become so monumental? I am praying and asking God to help me get rid of all this baggage! Then I can get on with celebrating the season and focusing on His birth.

2 comments:
Honey, your just a mom. I know what you are thinking. WHY CAN'T I DO THIS! Seems everyone else can manage a house right. Why do you stuggle so much with just daily life? See, EVERY mom has those same thoughts. I stood in my kitchen crying a few days ago. Finally I told Kenneth it wasn't fair that I wasn't able to do what ever other mom seems to be able to do with a smile. He gently hugged me and said, "Baby, one of your friends is standing in THEIR kitchen saying the same thing with you in mind as one of those moms who have it all together." HEHE, honestly, you were one mom that crossed my mind. I even told Kenneth that "SOME of my friends have a BUNCH of kids AND HOMESCHOOL and TTHHHHHEEEEYYYY manage!!!! He laughed at me and said I'd be suprised. ( BTW...This breakdown occured after I forgot Kayla's lunch for her field trip. I woke up late. Drama with kayla and Kara's emotional breakdown. But it was the 3rd trip to the store for forgotten items with Kara that broke me! I love you! If you need help, just call me. I might mess it up, but I'll be there!
Thanks for sharing your heart. We are all there sometime or another. It's been crazy busy over here the past few weeks. December seems to be that crazy month of the year for most of us due to the "worlds" use of Christmas. Rhings will settle down soon and you will be able to breathe.
Post a Comment