About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Not Me! Monday


Oh, where should we begin? Let's start with the hilarious irony that surrounds my coffee cup. For instance, I did NOT dump in 4 spoons of sugar and proceed to tell someone I was reading a book called, "Lick the Sugar Habit." Hehe.

Nor did I have to take Little Man out of the room at a public setting more than 8 times in one day. And it was NOT because he was behaving like Idon'tevenknowwhat. My children never act up! He is so NOT going through a huge tantrum phase and I am NOT pulling my hair out every day over it.

Hubby and I did NOT take much joy in the fact that the new family vehicle came with an entertainment system that has head phones! Because we love to talk over our children's noise, and we wouldn't be excited that they could ride quietly, while tuned into a movie! We also didn't naively think it would last for 1500 miles, either. (Well, maybe we hoped it would...)

I do NOT still have 3 loads of laundry begging to be washed while I am busy catching up on all my blog-o-sphere news. I am also NOT hiding out from the dungeon garage where the washer/dryer are. It's NOT because of the giant *rodent* that scurried out in front of me last week. When it happened, I did NOT forget any military training I ever had and scream like a banshee while doing the "tippytoe" dance. I did NOT make my husband come rescue me while I stood frozen in fear and disgust. I promise I grabbed a shovel and started acting like a big girl!!

What did you NOT do last week?

4 comments:

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I would do the tippytoe dance upon seeing rodent as well. I seriously need to get a headphone set for the car. My oldest NEVER shuts his mouth while we are driving- no matter the distance!

Cayce said...

And you did NOT send two (not one, but TWO) Christmas cards to me at the wrong address. HA!! I'm still snickering away.

Hmmm, I did NOT call Hubby on the way home from church yesterday and tell him that we had company coming over at 2 and we did NOT power clean the house to make it somewhat presentable.

melanie said...

LOL LOL LOL~!! There with you on the vehicle. We went to Houston last week and had all three kids head-phoned up. I told Jim if I didn't look into the back, I would think we were on a date! NICE!

And um, yeah ... LMK if you find a tantrum solution.

sariah said...

I thinking reading a book like "Lick the Sugar Habit" would cause me to crave large spoons of brown sugar on my cereal and warm chocolate chip cookies and .... well you get the idea. But that DOES sound like a good book.

Radical | A book by David Platt