About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I did it!

Well, I did it! Hubby kind of issued a challenge Sunday night, to see if I could get one of my skirts done by Wednesday night (to wear to church). I don't know why he thinks my projects seem to take a while, or something?! I was a little irked, but decided to try and take him up on it. Sure enough, I finished one tonight!

I ripped the seams from a pair of capris and man, it was a mess! The little strings were everywhere when I finally finished undoing the jeans. I ironed them flat and measured out the fabric I wanted to place in the "gaps". The biggest challenge was just getting the whole thing pinned. It seemed like every time I got one side pinned, someone needed Mommy :-).

Finally, I had it ready and started sewing it together. (It didn't bother me too much that the hum of my sewing machine was drowning out the President's address....) I left the old seams out on this one, to let it get all "fringy." I will probably have to trim the edges after the first few washes, until it gets to the new seam I made.

Well, here are the pictures! I still have two more to do, so I hope you won't get too bored if I share those as well.

6 comments:

Cayce said...

That is adorable. I'll take one please!!

Anonymous said...

Cute. I wish I could sew!

Heather said...

Wow! I am impressed with your speed! Very cute! I think you need to model it and post that pic! :)

Micah said...

Yes, model it! That is pretty neat!

sariah said...

Very cute, you did a great job! I think I want to try doing a sort of longish one- my legs are always so white that I hesitate to let them show much.

EllaJac said...

I made a couple of these the other day... One for Big Sister, and one for me out of some pants that never really worked anyway. Love em! (and they're long). I like to fold back the seams the way they looked when they were manufactured, but I've never tried the raveled-edge look!

Radical | A book by David Platt