Scene 1: Saturday was a crazy, busy day for us. We had Baby Girl's party scheduled from 11-1pm and needed to get to the church by 10:15 to start setting up. Hubby & Xav left early to go get gas in his truck. While I was at home with the littles, trying to get them ready for the party, I hear a knock at the door. I sling open the door, holding a diapered baby on my hip, to find a sherriff's deputy standing there!
He says, "I'm here responding to the 911 call you made." Um. What?!
He says, "I'm here responding to the 911 call you made." Um. What?!
I was like, "From here? We didn't make a 911 call." He looks like he doesn't believe me for some reason(?) and I reiterate, "We really didn't make a 911 call." I looked behind me at Little Man, who is sitting on the couch, completely zoned watching a Dora cartoon. I ask him if he used Mommy's phone and he barely looks up at me to say, "No, Mommy." The deputy calls back to the dispatcher and she confirms our phone number for him. I pick up the cordless phone and turn it on, nothing but static. So, I let the guy hear it and he finally believes me that I probably didn't make a 911 call!
Later on, we figured out that the phones were completely dead, and that the heavy rains we had last week were probably to blame yet again! We've had problems before when it rains for days, our phones start messing up. (At that point, we should've unplugged the phone from the wall! This will be come into play again later...)
Scene 2: We make it to the church, and get everything set up for the party. We had a good time visiting with friends and munchin' on pizza and cake. The kids (and Hubby) had a blast bouncing in the inflatable castle we rented. Baby Girl enjoyed it for the most part, but she was feeling pretty cranky by the end of the party. When we got home she had developed a fever and was not a happy camper at all! I'm glad we got the party in before she starting feeling so bad. :-(
Scene 3: We get home, unload her presents and the leftover food and put the littles down for naps! When everyone woke up, we had to run a few errands. Hubby ran into Lowe's and then Office Depot before we grabbed a bite to eat. A quick Wal-Mart trip after that and then we returned home to get everyone in bed.
We've been sleeping in the boys' room while we get everything figured out in our bedroom. This has made for some very fitful sleeping. I don't know how they even make it through the night in the same room! XMan tosses and turns like crazy, and even talks in his sleep occasionally. Little Man blurts out randomly throughout the night, and he also flops all around his bed! So, when I heard a loud KNOCK ON THE DOOR at 3:30AM, I was not thrilled about the interruption to my sleep. But, I knew right away what it was! It's not like a burgular would be knocking anyway, right?
I woke up Hubby and told him someone was knocking at the door. Sure enough, two sherriff's deputies were standing there. hubby tells them, "No, we didn't call. It's our phone, yada, yada."
Later on, we figured out that the phones were completely dead, and that the heavy rains we had last week were probably to blame yet again! We've had problems before when it rains for days, our phones start messing up. (At that point, we should've unplugged the phone from the wall! This will be come into play again later...)
Scene 2: We make it to the church, and get everything set up for the party. We had a good time visiting with friends and munchin' on pizza and cake. The kids (and Hubby) had a blast bouncing in the inflatable castle we rented. Baby Girl enjoyed it for the most part, but she was feeling pretty cranky by the end of the party. When we got home she had developed a fever and was not a happy camper at all! I'm glad we got the party in before she starting feeling so bad. :-(
Scene 3: We get home, unload her presents and the leftover food and put the littles down for naps! When everyone woke up, we had to run a few errands. Hubby ran into Lowe's and then Office Depot before we grabbed a bite to eat. A quick Wal-Mart trip after that and then we returned home to get everyone in bed.
We've been sleeping in the boys' room while we get everything figured out in our bedroom. This has made for some very fitful sleeping. I don't know how they even make it through the night in the same room! XMan tosses and turns like crazy, and even talks in his sleep occasionally. Little Man blurts out randomly throughout the night, and he also flops all around his bed! So, when I heard a loud KNOCK ON THE DOOR at 3:30AM, I was not thrilled about the interruption to my sleep. But, I knew right away what it was! It's not like a burgular would be knocking anyway, right?
I woke up Hubby and told him someone was knocking at the door. Sure enough, two sherriff's deputies were standing there. hubby tells them, "No, we didn't call. It's our phone, yada, yada."
I hand them the phone so they can hear the static and they kind of laugh. "Yeah, we get this a lot, the phones line mess up and the phone starts dialing 911."
You mean this happens often?! Apparently so, because several police officer friends confirmed that they've had to go respond to calls from "possessed" phone lines. So, if you place a 911 call tonight, they might take a while. They're out responding to goofball calls from phone lines sitting in water. UGH!
On a happy note, here's some pics!
On a happy note, here's some pics!

No comments:
Post a Comment