I'm getting ready to go start emptying the closets in our bedroom, but I thought I'd drop in and share this week's topic with ya! This house we're renting induces mixed feelings in me. Sometimes, we love the backyard and the feeling of having some "country" in the city. At others, I think a bulldozer might come in handy! Electrical, plumbing, insects, rotting floors, etc. etc.
Anyway, the toilets have been gurgling and running nonstop lately. Wednesday night, after church and tucking the kids into bed, I heard our bathroom toilet running. I went into our room for what I thought was going to be a simple "handle jiggle," but I saw 2" of water on our bathroom floor! When I stepped into the room, the carpet went squish and I knew we had a problem, Houston! It had soaked our carpet all the way to the exterior wall and my sopping wet slippers helped carry water around the rest of the room. Sigh. Yesterday morning (Friday), one of our workers came to help move the furniture out of the room. We set our bed up in the boys' room and the rest of everything is in Baby Girl's room.
Then, we had another guys and his crew come set up commercial blowers and dehumidifiers in the room. It's a mess! And now the smell of the wet carpet has made its way into the rest of the house! So, we had two of our other guys come rip out the carpet and padding this morning. Fun times!!

1 comment:
:o O
Post a Comment