About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, November 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


It was NOT me who was trying to multi-task this morning by nursing Baby Girl and eating a bowl of cereal at the same time. It was definitely NOT me who dropped a soggy wet cornflake on my darling sweetie's head while NOT trying to multi-task. She did not stop nursing and look at me like, "MOM?! Seriously??"

It wasn't me who quit drinking caffeine completely for over 4 months and then reverted back to my addiction. I didn't try to deny it and ask Hubby to bring home some decaf coffee from the store, and it's NOT me who is now totally regretting that decision!

Our sweet puppy is not struggling to catch on to the housetraining, and it has NOT resulted in many, many "accidents" around the living room and kitchen. This has NOT led me to whip out the mop over and over the past week. It's not MY floor that seriously needed all that mopping/Simple Green attention, and is now glistening. I have not completely avoided looking down the hallway to compare it to the living room floor and thought, "Maybe I should just keep on mopping?" Of course I kept on going, right? ;-)

Everyone in our house was asleep by 9pm last night, except Mommy! I did NOT enjoy the peace and quiet and stay awake to finish a book I have desperately been trying to finish. I am not yawning now, wishing I had just gone to bed!

OH, and here's the best one. Little Man did not ask if I could set up his own "apartment" in Baby Girl's room. (We've been talking about switching the rooms around lately.) He did not ask for 'a bed, a tv, and a coffee table so he could eat his food on.' Because we ALWAYS sit around our kitchen table to eat as a family! It is definitely NOT covered with the week's mail, clutter, schoolwork and craft projects! *sigh*

So, while I could continue on and on, I think I will stop confessing now! What did you NOT do this past week?!


1 comment:

sariah said...

I feel that way about reading too late into the night- it's such an indulgence to have peace and quiet to read but then I always regret it when I am groggy and grumpy the following day. What's a book-a-holic momma to do?

Radical | A book by David Platt