About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, December 21, 2009

A Reminder...

I am so glad that Kelly @ Generation Cedar posted this a few days ago.   It was just what I needed to read today. 

Remember Joy

"If I could be reminded of but one thing, (and the need of reminding is daily), it is that no day should be too busy or sad or trying that there is no room for joy.


And isn’t joy merely a state of mind and heart, not of circumstance? Of course there’s the deep, internal joy that comes only from the Lord. And there is also the joy that comes from training the mind to be grateful and to see the beauty of a day.

I want to hear past the noise and remember that the little voice calling me again will deepen quickly and soon call his own child’s name.

I want to feel the tiny hand touching me (though there are days I wish for one touchless hour) and remember that the hand will grow too soon to brush the cheek of her own child.

I laughed last night with my daughter–we played a game of “don’t wipe off my kisses” as she sat in my lap. The laughter grows the soul and I think she will remember that she liked it here.

I danced with my son standing on my feet. It was brief and sweet, his face looking up into mine. I hope he remembers it when I’m looking up into his.

I mess up too many times in a day though. And for that, I try all the harder to make up a harsh word with a soft one.

Let me hug longer, love deeper, listen closer to these little people. They are not static; but men and women in the making. I am a big part of that making.

By grace, Lord, keep my days big enough for them, and do not let me be ruled by the tyranny of the urgent. The urgent will be gone tomorrow, but so will they."

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt