About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I keep forgetting...

that updating Facebook doesn't automatically update my blog!  Haha.  I'm not going the way of sending blog links to Facebook either.   Mainly because I have about 300 people who are "friends" online but definitely not close friends in real life.   How odd is that?   This whole technology thing has me kind of ...I dunno the word...right now.   I think I need a bit more moderation, even though I know I am not a blog-a-holic.   There are no fancy ads on my sidebars, no giveaways, no corporate sponsors, no invites to go to Kenya and blog about the experience.  I'm not being asked to review homeschool products or hosting numerous carnivals.   Even still, I have family obligations to my husband and children that time spent being on Facebook or this blog gets in the way of....
I need to find a balance.  
In the meantime, let me update you on what all transpired last week!   Like I mentioned before, El Landlord called and said he was selling the house, he had a buyer, etc.  We said, okey-dokey artichokey, and went out to look for houses.  In this area, you sometimes find it online, sometimes you have to actually drive around to find a "For Rent" sign.    Anyway, we looked at 3 homes on Wednesday and Thursday.   House #1 was ICK.   House #2 was ok but too far away for Hubby to drive back and forth when he's on-call.  It was also a bit small and the realtor was very....unfriendly.   :-/

Friday morning, we saw House #3 which was in decent condition, but the layout was way wrong for our family.   Not to mention, the lovely, unfenced in-ground pool that was about 4 feet outside the back door was a deterrent.   Little Man immediately tried to go stick his foot in it!   So, that was out.  

Finally, Saturday morning, we went to go see House #4.  It was a bit dated from the outside, because it has faded wood siding.  But, the ad said it had 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, now that was a plus!   When we called the owner, she seemed really sweet.  She offered us a 9:30am showing and we got there right on time.   The current renters were still there while we walked through the house.  So, that was a bit odd.
But, right away, Hubby and I looked at each other and agreed it was the right house for us.  It has a huge master bedroom and separate bathroom.  Then, it has a big laundry room/sewing area.   Next is the kitchen, which is a neat space.  It is much bigger than the kitchen we have now, and it has a lot of counter space.    It's actually an original '50s kitchen, complete with working '50s appliances, ha!  So, I have been looking at some "Retro" kitchen sites online to see how to go about decorating it as-is.   Off the kitchen there is a large living room and a separate den right next to it.   (They used the den as a 4th bedroom because it can be closed off and has a closet in it.)   We plan to use it as our schoolroom though.  From there, you walk upstairs to a wonderful playroom area!   It's the only room upstairs, so the kids can have free reign up there.   Back downstairs, two large bedrooms with walk-in closets are down a hallway, and two full bathrooms complete the house on that side.   Oh, and a few closets.  

Outside, it's fenced-in and Hubby has a separate driveway for his construction trailers, etc.  There is also a large shop for all his tools and equipment.   I scouted out the area for our garden and can't wait to start digging it up.   We think it's going to be a great fit for us!   We don't actually move until the end of April, so we have a few weeks to get packing.    Over the next 8 weeks, we also have Hubby's possible LASIK surgery, Little Man's (continued resistance to) potty training, getting ready for our trip to NC, finishing up school before our trip, and I am supposed to go back to the Dr...  Wanna come help?

5 comments:

Micah said...

that would be a negative on the "helping"... but I wanna move in! It sounds GREAT!

Cayce said...

And with the toyroom upstairs, you can hide the mess!!! SCORE!

Mollie said...

When are you coming to NC??

MamaJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tillie said...

so glad you found a place!! YEA!

I don't feed my blog into facebook either. There are just lots of things that people shouldn't know...or I don't want my family knowing! LOL

Radical | A book by David Platt