This morning, our very sweet midwife came for my first official visit. We've met with her before, I guess as a sort-of interview. (To make sure we were sane enough to do a homebirth, etc, haha.) Today was the start of my scheduled appointments.
First of all, let me just say, it was very neat to finally have a baby visit where I didn't go into a bathroom, pee in a cup and pass it through a hole in the wall to gloved lab techs on the other side. It was also very nice to just sit and talk to someone about my other labors and how they went! We've never had an OB/GYN (even the nicest ones) that actually gave two rips about how the other births went! My guess is they didn't really need to know, it would all go according to their hospital's routine when I got there anyway.... *cough* Anyway.
I am really looking forward to delivering this baby at home! After 4 totally different hospitals and having the same outcome at each, it's time to move on to something better! Personalized care that takes place right in the environment I'm already used to, and around germs I'm already immune to, ha.
(Oh! I also got to go try on the wedding dress today! It's close. She needs to make a few more adjustments and I will be able to wear it. Hurray!)

2 comments:
Glad your visit went well.
That is so exciting that you are trying a home birth! I loved my midwife and her helper that I had for my last baby. We had a wonderful experience. I wish you the best with this newest little one!
Post a Comment