About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

This Season

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."  Ecclesiastes 3:1

I was reading one of my favorite Mommy blogs this afternoon and these words literally jumped out at me.

"I chose relatively simple goals, as I am in a very busy season of life, raising four precious gifts from the Lord."

Hello.  The first thing that rang true with me was the phrase, "a very busy season of life."   I am certainly in that season.  Not because of sports, extra-curricular activities, school projects or church activities.  Simply because I am Mom.  I am called upon at all hours of every day to make things right.  To nurse boo-boos, to settle disputes, to attend to the feeding, clothing and nurturing of these little ones.   Let's not forget the duties involved in also being Wife.   Finding lost paperwork, washing and rewashing work uniforms, having a meaningful adult conversation occasionally with this man who asked me to be his help-meet.   Sigh.  A very busy season indeed.  


The next part of that sentence held a lot of meaning for me too.   "Raising four precious gifts from the Lord."   Wait a minute!  We're not the only ones choosing to have a larger-than-2.5 children-to-parent-ratio?   There are others out there raising lots of littles and regarding them as precious gifts.   I often need to keep our busy, chaotic household in perspective.  There are other families out there who are wondering where their precocious toddler snuck off to during school time.  :-)  Other families might also be trying to figure out the logistics of grocery shopping with 4 children while Daddy is at work.    Other moms have also been awake at night, feeding, changing and soothing newborns.  This isn't a new thing, this motherhood.  It's been around since Eve had Cain.   I'm not the only mom to ever walk down this path, and I won't be the last.   I am so thankful for others who have gone before and can offer wisdom to those of us in the trenches.   

Has anything made you regain perspective on the calling of motherhood?   What has given you hope lately as you face each new challenge being a mom presents?  

1 comment:

Micah said...

have you seen my blog post about giving my will a VA. CATION.? I've been wrestling with the demands of motherhood and the obvious lack of control I have over situations. I desire to be easy going with a quiet and gentle spirit.... but ... God is obviously still working that OTHER spirit out of me.. lol I know He's making room for that gentle, quiet one though and that gives me hope. I am very thankful for the opportunity to be MOM. The Holy Spirit is continually guiding me and sitting with me when I'm frustrated beyond myself comforting me and loving me through it all.
My new avatar on fb makes me giggle because it reminds me of that point in the sermon where she just sits back with her huge sunglasses on and just relaxes in the Lord.

Radical | A book by David Platt