About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Whatcha been up to?

So far, this year has been a blur to me. Here we are, Spring is in full session and I can't remember doing much of anything January-March. We had a whopping case of the flu, finally had the baby, started adjusting to that and then, WHAM! We got hit with another virus running through our family. This one turned into a horrible situation, with Baby Girl ending up in the hospital with pneumonia. After a week of a stomach virus, horrible coughing and what was apparently a staph infection, her little body was too weak to heal itself. We rushed our wheezing little blondie to the hospital and after another week, she was finally well enough to go home.

In the midst of all this, we are trying to keep school going, Hubby is working manic hours and I am making gallons and gallons of milk. ;-) I *think* we're all on the mend now, but I won't write that in stone. There might be a few things hanging around... I can tell you one thing, though. I am ready to be aggressive (Be aggressive, be be aggressive! What? Didn't you have that cheer at your school?) about our health now. This has got to stop, I can't handle all these ailments one after another! I won't take it anymore, I tell ya!   :-/

On another note, I know we can't "control" our lives, but there has to be some element of order and balance to everything. I am operating by the seat of my pants right now and it ain't working! I read this post by my friend this morning and I think that's a great method for her preschoolers.   I did the MOTH schedule last year and got way overwhelmed, finally leaving it to build up dust on my shelf.  I do that.   If I can't do it perfectly I say, "Oh heck with it," and walk away disgruntled.  Hence the thousands (ok, probably hundreds) of unfinished projects milling about my house. And in my brain. Let's not forget the ones in my brain. Maybe we are back up to thousands. Anyway...

I am loving my essential oils!  I have about 13 of them now & also bought a diffuser to spread the goodness around the house.   My favorites so far are Lavender and Thieves.   "Peace & Calming" is also a runner-up.    I bet you can't imagine why...   We successfully used Thieves on my MIL and she didn't get sick while helping us with the sick kiddos the other week.  Whew!

Well, I should run.  Little people need tending to and all that.   :-)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh girl I already have theives, lavender, oregano, and peace and calming packed for our trip! I can't pack the RC yet because I'm having to use it on the baby at night for his congestion. Love my oils! So glad you are using them now! :)

Radical | A book by David Platt