About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Interviews with Tornado Survivors

Yesterday, I saw that some videos have been posted on Generation Cedar.    It's very heart-wrenching to hear their stories and see all the destruction behind them.    We can't all physically pack up and go help them with their recovery efforts, but there are other ways we can help.   Kelly Crawford has her practical and helpful e-books for sale on their website, and I've been contemplating buying some for a long time...  Well, debate no more!  Someone mentioned a great way to donate monetarily and also get a wonderful little e-book for yourself would be to go buy her books!   I downloaded the whole set last night, I can't wait to dive into them.  With the "bundle"  code, the books are only about $24, or you can skip using the code and put a little extra in their back account.   ;-)  
If an e-book isn't your thing, but you still feel led to help out, Stacy McDonald has posted about a fund designated to help the families who have lost everything.  

"Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’  “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?  When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ Matthew 25:34-40"

1 comment:

EllaJac said...

I love something I read somewhere about this (that's detailed, huh?).. Some media people showed up and saw everyone working to clear debris, all the help, etc, and they asked, "Who are these people?" The response: "This is the body of Christ.."

My prayer has been (among other things!) that the church would bear witness and be a beacon, and I know it has..

Radical | A book by David Platt