Remember the little boy, Kirill, that I mentioned a while back? His family was in Russia, waiting to adopt him and the judge said NO at their final court appearance? (The judge denied them because Kirill has Downs Syndrome and the judge couldn't fathom why someone would want to adopt a child with this "condition.")
Here's an excerpt from Tesney's post following the hearing,
"It was like a terrible dream. We were so unprepared for this outcome. As we left the courthouse in a mental fog, the doctors and social workers that had testified on our behalf came to us and said, “If you appeal, we will speak again for you. Appeal this decision. Kirill belongs with your family.” Of course we were going to appeal…I could no more walk away from our biological son, Clayton, at this point. Kirill is just as much my son. WE LOVE HIM. It is absolutely heartbreaking to think about having to explain to Clayton that Kirill may not be coming home. I cry everytime I think about it. He loves his brother so much already."
They are heading back for their Supreme Court hearing and are asking everyone to please, please pray for them. On the 24th, at 6:10am, they will be standing before the judge, once again asking to adopt their son. Will you help pray for this family?
Our Eyes Opened

No comments:
Post a Comment