About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Wrap-up

Well, 2011 is almost at its end. I'm sitting here, waiting on the fireworks to start and thought I'd try and remember what this year held. In January, we spent every waking moment wondering when Baby Zeb was going make his appearance! He finally scooted on into the world on the last day of the month! (In fact, today, he is 11 months old.). He was our first homebirth and we had an awesome experience with that.
In February, Xman turned 8 and I still can't believe he's that old. Zeb looks *very* much like Xman did as a baby. It's almost uncanny, they could've been twins for sure. So, every stage that Zeb enters, I've been remembering Xav at that age. In March, my Mom came down for a visit & we loved having her here. In April in we began looking around for houses and trying to figure out what our landlord was doing. In May we were still looking & she still didn't know either. Then Hubbub got the job offer we'd been waiting around for. Our house search switched cities to Houston & we had to regroup. We finally found a place by July and with a LOT of help from friends, we got packed to move.
Not long after the boxes were being unpacked in our apartment, Hubby & Xman were leaving for Belize on a mission trip. It was life-changing for them. We finished out the summer just unpacking and learning to adapt to Hubby's new job. We've never dealt with so much travel, and it is still a stretch for the kids and I. But, we're trying.
We started school in late August, using the same curriculum and books that we loved from last year. At the end of October, my sister flew down and was brave enough to drive back to NC with the kids and me. It was a crazy, busy roadtrip, but we survived! We had a lot of fun visiting our family and friends, it always goes by too fast. Even though we were there 2 and a half weeks, it seemed like a blink!
We had Thanksgiving with my in-laws and enjoyed our time with them. Since we've moved, now we end up staying at Nana's house when we're back in town. Christmas came and went in a whirlwind and we're still trying to recover. I can't believe this year is ending. It's been a long, tough one for us. I can't say that it was my favorite year, but I have enjoyed my sweet little guys and watching Baby Zeb grow. He's been such a trooper this year, with all the crazy changes in our family. Well, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Christine said...

Congrats on your first homebirth, that is so exciting. Blessings!

Radical | A book by David Platt