About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Do the words, "It has a flushing toilet" make you want to shout Hallelujah??

No? Just me? Hmm. My standards in housing are changing, I suppose. In case you haven't heard yet, our family has something big in the works. Well, actually GOD is doing something big, we're simply following His lead! God is prompting us to go into missions work! Specifically, a move to Belize is being prayed about and planned for! We feel led to work in a certain area, where the people have already been introduced to Christianity...but certain denominations and other religious groups have laid a negative foundation for the indigenous people there. It's not a tourist area, like the coast and islands of Belize have become. It is definitely a rural, farming community. While electricity and water *are* present, using electricity is very expensive. Our plan is to live as close as possible to the way the Mayan citizens live. Little things like a refrigerator, an INDOOR toilet, and an oven have suddenly become a major LUXURY! So today, when Hubby spoke briefly with a friend who told him a house was available that area, we were excited. When he said he knew for sure that "it had a flushing toilet," I couldn't help but shout my praises!! I'll keep you posted as we move towards this goal. We have sooo many details to figure out, but I know God is in control of them ALL.

3 comments:

Micah said...

WOOT for a flushing toilet!!!
My only concern so far is... internet access! We will definitely want to follow your transition into that culture and hear all about life in Belize. :) So I hope you'll be able to continue blogging!!

MamaJ said...

Yes, we will have internet! It is going to be more like dial-up speed, so that will be a RADICAL change for me! :-) But, I hope to keep on blogging and Dan has started a new one also. Once he makes his first post, I'll be sure to link up to his also!

EllaJac said...

I don't know how I missed this post.. YES, flushing toilets are great! And after spending a few weeks in east Africa (where it was first 'settled' by those further east), I attest to the luxury that is a toilet SEAT. The natives first learned toileting on the kind that you stand/hover over. Their only way to use 'our' kind was to climb up and stand on the seat to do their business! I remember being SO excited when our varied trip brought us to a fancy safari lodge. SEATS! :D

Radical | A book by David Platt