It was an amazing trip, loaded with lots of emotion and lots of hard work too. We've never worked so much on a vacation before! Saturday, when we landed back in Houston, we easily made it back through customs and called the shuttle to bring us back to the parking lot we'd used. It worked out great, no waiting on a ride to come get us, we just loaded back up into our own vehicle and drove to grab a bite of dinner before heading home.
So, the pivotal moment for me? It wasn't the waterfalls, the Mayan ruins, the beautiful beaches. It wasn't even the people and their gracious hospitality. It wasn't facing the fact that they did have a true need, that we could fulfill. It wasn't the rainforest or the gorgeous views. In all honesty, even after my conversation with God that day, I was still struggling with the idea of moving to Belize as missionaries. I was still wondering if I could actually trust God, trust my husband and find the faith I would need to do this.
The pivotal moment for me came Sunday morning. We woke up and drove to go pick up our children at Nana's house, an hour and a half away. We hadn't had a radio all week, so we were eager to put on some music. The cd I'd been playing before we left started up and Dan decided to just leave it on. It turned out to be one of the WOW cds and it included the song by Leeland & Brandon Heath, "Follow You". As we were talking about the idea of moving, the words "faith without works is dead" just seemed to echo throughout my head and I remember stopping mid-sentence and tearing up. There it was. My answer. How could I keep on saying I trusted God completely, and yet refuse to go do what He was asking of me? The song continued with,
"And on the cross your blood was shed
So how could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World."
So how could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll follow you into the homes that are broken.
Follow you into the world.
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
Follow you into the World."
So, that's it. We're moving to Belize, people! Now it's time to just let go and trust God with the details. His hand is fully in this. This week has already been a whirlwind of decision-making and fine-tuning the details. Stay tuned as everything unfolds!

1 comment:
As always, joining you in prayer. Tearful, faithful, trusting prayer.
Post a Comment