I've been reading through the Little House on the Prairie book series with the kids. We read a chapter or two and I have them illustrate the story in their notebooks. Right now, we're on Farmer Boy and we're reading all about Almanzo Wilder and his life growing up on a farm. This morning, I was reading about Almanzo and his father building a new bobsled so that they could haul wood from the timber lot. I finished reading and asked if anyone had any questions.
Caedmon piped up, "So...he wanted the bobsled to go to Hollywood?" :-)

2 comments:
Hahaha! That is way cute!
haha! Poor kids these days, don't know about haulin' wood. :)
My most memorable parts of that book are the INCREDIBLE amounts of food just put on the table for BREAKFAST, and how the family thought about the brother who wanted to apprentice somewhere... The idea that ANYONE would want to leave the farm - why, ALL occupations exist to serve the farmer! The farmer is at the top! You wall-street flunkies, you may be the top of your world, but you must still come to the farmer in supplication...! Ah, what a perspective!
Post a Comment