About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, March 19, 2007

long week!!

Sorry I haven't updated all week! We were adjusting to Daddy being gone training for work all week. He started his new job last Tuesday and was busy doing the orientation stuff for the first few days. And then, we began the new adventure named, "On-Call." Dan's new schedule is a five days-on, three days-off rotation. And during his five days ON, he is on-call. Which means we could hang out all day long, and then Daddy has to go to work at 11:30pm. Which is precisely what happened Thursday night. Whew, I was not quite prepared for that one! I am okay having just our kids, but two of his cousins were home, and his aunt was at work. So, Jana was home-alone that night with all the kids! They were all asleep, of course, but this is a big dark house that I am not used to yet! For a minute, I was almost thankful for the large, intimidating Great Dane outside. For a minute.

And THEN......Saturday, Dan calls me and tells me has just been in a wreck. A 12 car pile-up to be specific! It started several cars in front of Daniel and the car behind him accelerated to get away from an 18-wheeler behind it! When that car sped up, it hit our Civic slightly on the left rear bumper, then bounced around on the dividing wall! All we have are some blue scratches. One truck was upside down, and the 18-wheeler jack-knifed completely. Daniel saw that truck in his rearview mirror and darted out of the way. He actually ended up in front of another car that was totalled. But, no fault or damage done to us, so he was sent on his way home. Thank you Lord!!!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt