About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Who, Me???

SO... We had an eventful evening yesterday. The brand new (to us, anyway) dryer wasn't heating up! We called the guy we bought it from and he had a sneaking suspicion what was wrong. So, he put a call in to a parts store and got the needed part on order. Our problem? I had a load of clothes in the wash already.... We headed off to the laundromat - once again- for an emergency dry! Things seemed to be under control finally until we pulled the clothes out to fold. And then...reality hit once again!

Someone - I'm not naming names - had left two crayons in their pocket. Clothes that were once white are now blue and orange. Anybody know someone whose FAVORITE colors are blue and orange????? Hmmmmmm.......

This isn't the first time a foreign object has been washed in a $1.25 load. A few wks ago a shiny dually Ford truck came out of the wash. The week before it was a race car clinking around in the dryer.

So, when the second vehicle came out, Daddy asked, "Hey Xav, what's this doing in here?"
The reply,"Did the wheels come off yet?!"
Do ya think he's doing it on purpose?! I do!

** Let me preface this story by telling you about Sunday morning. We were running late, as usual, and we swung into a gas station so Daddy could get a quick snack and some energy drinks and make it thru service. (He worked the night before.) When he didn't finish the cookies, I stashed them away in the diaper bag for him to eat later. ****

Later that night, we had recovered from the laundry incident and were safely back at home.

Dan and I were talking when we heard a crinkling below the coffee table. I looked down to see Caedmon cram the last bite of the cookie into his mouth!! He had devoured the entire cookie! In a matter of seconds, he had snatched the remainder of the cookies from the diaper bag, and while we weren't looking, he ate the whole thing! I think that little stinker had watched where I put the treat and stored that info away for later!

Man, I have to keep on my toes around these boys!





No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt