About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

So...lately I have been having a hard time getting motivated & organized. Yes, believe it or not, people, I have lost my touch!

Once upon a time, Dan and I moved with a tidy little U-Haul, loaded down with 78 boxes neatly
labeled "Fragile" and well-placed. I also had a notebook to go along with the numbered boxes, with descriptions of what was in each box.
Sigh.... such moves are a thing of the past, my friends. These last few trips have been "sling it somewhere" and "pray it doesn't break" moves! Not only have we lost interest in keeping so many keepsakes, we forgot why we were keeping them in the first place. So, needless to say, there is an embarrassing amount of boxes and items still carelessly strewn about under our gigantic carport. But, with the Texas-sized storms we have been getting, everything is getting soaked. The rain literally falls sideways under the carport roof. I have been trying to get things unpacked and placed somewhere inside. But, this has been a painfully slow and tedious process. All of this has not gone unnoticed to my four-year old, however. Little ears have been listening as I moan to Daddy about my needing a schedule and a routine. This morning, he brought me a carefully drawn out itinerary for my days!
"Here is your new schedule, Mommy!," he explained.
He had an activity I should do at 1, 2, 3, and 4 o'clock. I don't know what I am suposed to do before that, though, ha. It looks something like this....





Now, why didn't I think of that?!?!?!
:-)

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt