About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Lately

Hi Y'all. Here's what we've been up to lately....

Father's day: We went to Dan's dad's to grill a "brisket" on Saturday. This is also known as "ALL DAY EVENT". Apparently a brisket takes 4-5 HOURS to cook. And then, you bring it in and put it in the oven to finish off for an hour. OMG!!! We ate at about 9:30pm. But, it was good, I must admit..... On Sunday, Dan and I made "Boudain" balls. It's a rice/pork concoction that you fry and eat! They turned out really well! I am getting so drenched in Cajun culture, ha.

Monday: What did we do Monday.....? I can't remember. Oh yeah! We set up the boys' pool outside. We bought this inflatable pool that comes with a filter and pump. They had a blast splashing around that afternoon. By the end of the day, the pool water was around 80 degrees.
WOW, you say? Considering we're in the high 90's, it's not unbelieveable!

Wednesday: We went to Nana's house to go visit for a while, and Xavier ended up spending the night. So, I took Caed to church with me last night and we had a quiet evening.

Thursday: Dan has been a busy beaver today. Caed and Mommy went to go run errands this morning. When I got home, Dan has built a really cool frame for our bed! It raises the whole bed up about 14" and gives me some storage space underneath! I was so impressed! I have such a Handy Dan!

Next week is VBS at the church. So, Xav should have a great week and meet some new friends!

Bed-head anyone?

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt