About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Look what I made!


Yesterday we got a bag of fresh pears from Dan's grandmother. So, this morning, I woke up and decided to try my hand at making Pear Butter! I looked up the recipe in my Amish cookbook, and got started. X-man helped me and we had fun chopping, blending, and stirring for three hours! The end result is soooo delicious!

While we waited on the pears to cook, X-man made a new set of chore charts, complete with pictures. His new daily chores are: Make Bed, Play with Caed (while Mommy cooks dinner), Brush Teeth. Extras are: Take out trash, dust, clean room, help fold clothes. Eventually, he will graduate to harder chores and these will all just be routine.
Then, we practiced writing. I let him pick what to write and he came up with: "Lightning McQueen" "Stinky socks" "Green Hummer" and "Mommy." He's doing really well!
Then, for supper, I made some homemade enchiladas. Yum!! It was a very productive day.


No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt