About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, July 6, 2007

Still Raining:
Cabin fever is making us stir-crazy! It hasn't stopped raining for days. Yesterday we braved the roads and went to McD's to play and then to the library. I told the girl (she must have been helping out for the summer) we needed to get a new library card, that we had just moved to the area. She glanced down at Xav, me and Caed in his stroller, and asked, "Ok, so you want three?"
Um, no. The infant hasn't quite got his phonics down yet... Hello!

Bottle Bartering:
This morning, I gave Caed a few bites of Xav's Eggo waffle cereal before handing him his bottle. Well, after the taste of silly-sweet maple syrup, he wanted nothing to do with Enfamil. He tried his hardest to convince Xav to take the bottle instead! It was hilarious! He put the bottle back on the table and pushed it towards big bro and then started grunting and pointing to Xav's cereal instead. Xav didn't catch on the first time and handed the bottle back to him. So, Caed tried pushing the bottle towards him again and pointing at the cereal. This time Xav laughed and said, "NO baby! This is mine!"

I finally gave in & got on the Baby Sign Language bandwagon. I taught Caed to sign for more food, instead of just screaming for another bite. It worked great for a few days.
Now he just signs while he screams...

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt