About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Thursday, July 12, 2007

The rain stopped!

Hey guys! The rain finally stopped last Friday. When the waters subsided, I found several boxes that had been outside were soaked through. (I almost lost my entire box of maternity clothes, oh no!) A box of boys clothes, another one of papers, and some toys were all soaked. Things had started to mildew, but I caught it just in time! The clothes all washed out clean and the toys scrubbed up fine. Anyway, we rushed to go get a storage unit, since it doesn't look like the landlord will be fulfilling that storage building promise anytime soon. It's amazing what my hubby can pack into a 5x5 climate controlled unit. :-) We then spent the rest of the weekend organizing the ouside and cleaning up the yard from all the rain. We had to drain the blowup pool and put in chlorine tablets to get rid of the green "stuff". Bleh. Some things were drenched that MUST have been hit by sideways rainfall. There is no other explanation! So, needless to say, I am tired! Worn out! We worked hard for three days getting it all cleaned back up. I am sure our neighbors are happy to see the stuff go however, hehe. I am looking forward to getting the inside done now. then maybe we can finally invite some people over......
More soon! (rain, that is. It starts again tomorrow.....)

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt