About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Lemme catch y'all up

Well, first of all I will flatter myself and apologize to the hundreds(handful) of readers who have been kept wanting without a single word from me in, um, sixteen days... I could say that things have been so terribly busy that I haven't had a chance to write, download pictures or update things. But, um, actually every time I get online I look at other people's websites for waaaaay too long and forget to go update my own. And then it's bedtime and I can't stare at the glowing screen any longer.

Oops.

So, here it is! The latest on what we've been "up to" for the past few weeks. Little Man turned ONE YEAR OLD!!! I cannot believe that day has come! He is trying his hardest to stay up and walk. I think he overheard our friend call him out on it at his party. Specifically, she said, "That boy knows how to walk, he just doesn't want to yet!!" Since then, he has been up and at 'em every time we turn around.

Daddy turned...another year older....two days after Little Man, so we had a joint party. No, not a "joint" party, a Combined Birthday Party. We had a cookout and some friends from church and Dan's family members came over. Our first larger-than-one-other-family-get-together in this house. It went pretty well, considering we had to keep it mostly inside for fear of possible thunderstorms. So, of course, not a drop fell during the party. We had a good time and the kids all managed to get out every toy that our boys have ever received. Well, except for the ones in the storage unit. Hehe.

So, besides that, we haven't been up to too much. Just church and hanging out getting to know our new friends around here.

Oh yeah, and the FALL commercials have started up on TV. I am laughing hysterically at these, considering it's still in the high 90's/100's. I just know my first official Texas winter will be nothing compared to my old NC ones. X-Man asked if he could do something "when it snows this winter" and we had to hold back the chuckles while we explained that it will probably NEVER snow here. At least not enough to play in.

Okay, and then Daddy's great grandmother had her 99th birthday party on Saturday!!! Whoohooo! Daddy and our kids are part of her great and great-great generation. They had a newspaper article and everything written up for her. Not that she knew, God Bless her. But, it was still a very sweet and endearing birthday bash for the whole family!

See Y'all later!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt