About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

17 inches of nothing but baby

Did I puzzle you with that title? Let me explain.
Our computer monitor died on us a few months ago and we had to go replace it. (Had to. You read that right. I absolutely could not go without email for a few days. I'm praying about this, don't worry. And don't send me any emails about the necessity of delayed gratification either. Got it?) Well, any monitor really would have done, but I slipped up and asked my DH to go to the electronics department by himself. Ohhh, girl, bad move.
Several hours and dollars later, he came home with the slickest, flattest, plasma-est 17" monitor a computer could ask for. My jaw dropped at the sheer enormity of the thing as he took it out of the box. It takes up half my computer desk, seriously. The first television I bought was smaller than this futuristic giant.
Anyway, the reason I'm bringing it up now is this: have you ever tried to stretch a picture to fit a 17" screen? My generic flower wallpaper looked "okay" on it. But, today I tried to put a picture of the baby as the wallpaper. Hmmmm. There's just something about your little darling's face being stretched to an abnormal width of 17" that loses its cuteness. I don't care how stinking adorable your kid is, when every pore, nook and cranny is rightthereinyourface, filling up a huge plasma screen, it just ain't cute anymore.

Know what I mean?

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt