We went to the beach last Saturday. Well, ONE of the options we have around here for a beach. Let me say that, so you'll know there are better choices. But, this was a spur-of-the-moment trip, so it was the closest beach around. Only half an hour away.

My, they were brave!
When we got there, all we could see for miles was this "seaweed." Which of course, this being Texas, was more like SeaBRUSH. It was horrible! It even had these little berry-like things on it, which the seagulls wouldn't even go near.... Hmmm....
So, lots of this stuff covered the whole beach and more was continuously coming in with the waves. Well, former Marine Mommy took one look at it and sprang into action. Goodness knows, I wasn't going to sit on that stuff! I had only one tool available, the plastic shovel that came with our toys. Using that, my bare hands, and sheer will-power, I managed to wrangle the messy seaweed into submission. (How's that for dramatic flair?)
Anywho, we made a clearing big enough to plop down in and spent the day happy.
The End.
Here's the Before and the After pics of that particular adventure. (With some shots of the kids playing, thrown in for good measure - and to keep this post from being completely and utterly boring.) Hehe.
My, they were brave!

1 comment:
Quite the author aren't you? I am enjoying reading all of these, especially all the Xavier-isms! Looks like you had quite the time at our marvelous Texas beach! :) [By the way...not ALL of Texas is flat! I take offense to that! :) ]
Post a Comment