About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Meme


I found this Christmas Meme at Heart of a Mommy. It looks pretty cute, so I think I will join in!

1. Christmas is _too short __. [fill in the blank with ONE WORD] Sorry, couldn't use one word.

2. In memories, what was the best part of your Christmases past? My favorite part of childhood Christmases, was waking up before everyone else and going to peek at all the presents. One year, I woke up about three hours before everyone and dumped out my whole stocking. Then, I put it all back and went back to bed. Hehe.

3. Was Santa ever good to you? [describe how and what] Yep! My first favorite Christmas was when I got my piano keyboard. It was a huge one, and I loved it! My next best present was my camera in 9th grade. I STILL have it. It's been all around the world.

4. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, or both? Um, I am really bad about not being able to wait. I would love to open them ALL on Christmas Eve, but Dan makes me wait.

5. Is there something you make each and every year? [craft or recipe] Sausage Balls and Wassail drink mix.

6. What is your favorite five[5] Christmas songs/hymns? Hmmm, let me see. I can't think of all the specific tunes. Can I just name my fav cds?
1. City on a Hill Christmas cd
2. Harry Connick, Jr.
3. Kenny G Christmas cd

7. Is there a new tradition for Christmas since your childhood days? Well, since I have children now, it's all new! We try to make sure we're home for Christmas, so the kids are in their own house. I guess that's a tradition?

8. Describe one of your Christmas trips. [whether it's across town or across country] We didn't go out of town for Christmas when I was little, we went across town to Grandma Gayle's house. That was always fun for me. She always made sure to get every grandchild something great! Their house was full of family and food!

9. Do you have a special Christmas outfit to wear for the day? Yes. My favorite multi-colored sweater vest with light up ornaments on it. (I am so kidding.)

10. Have YOU or any of your family members sat on Santa's lap? Well, X-Man did once, but it was at a company party-thing. So, we knew the Santa. We don't do the ones at the mall. I am NOT standing in line and paying money for that.

11. What is/or will be on your Christmas tree this year? All my HALF-PRICE ornaments from my Clean The Cracker Barrel Out Shopping Spree last year! I am so excited! I got so many cute ornaments! And, of course, the ones the kids make!

12. Do you/or have you decorated your yard for Christmas? Hubby got it done yesterday. So, he could go play golf on Saturday. :-)


Yeah! I did it! You go next!

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt