Okay, so one time, when I was about 9 years old, I got stuck in a tree.
That's right, I got stuck in a tree. Quit laughing and listen to my story.
I was outside in our backyard, trying to conquer this one tree that hadn't been climbed yet. I was bored with the trees in the front yard and this one looked appealing on that particular day. So, I climbed my redheaded self up onto the tree trunk and started to get my footing. Either my Converse weren't made for climbing, or that tree wasn't in the mood. Because, before I knew it, I was hanging by one foot upside-down, completely stuck. I was wedged into the tree and hanging too far from the ground to push up.
Are you picturing this?
Here I am, swinging in the air, all 9 years and 5 feet of me. (I was a tall kid.) Nobody was around to help. Nobody. So, I start yelling and finally the next-door neighbor, whose window was open, heard me. She comes running over to our yard and helps me get all the way back down to the ground. All 6 feet back down to the ground. See? I was just shy of this story not being funny. After the blood drained back out of my head, I remembered to thank her and wobbled on inside. My Mom asked me what in the world happened and I told her my dramatic account.
Hey, it might have only been 5 minutes, but it felt like forever!!!
I tell you all that to tell you this: X-Man got stuck in a tree today. Yup, it's genetic.
We were inside and heard the distressed call of, "MOOOOOMMMMMM!!!" Daddy went outside and sure enough, X-Man has his foot stuck waist-level in a tree. Well, the tree, we only have one tree. At least this generation was quickly rescued!
I shuddered as my post-traumatic stress syndrome came flooding back... Hehe.

3 comments:
ROUND 2
Oh Yeah!! After hearing the comment on no comments HUBBY decides to leave comment only to be REJECTED!!!
Once again, we have good insurance now so you can go to counseling and hook back up with the Green Peace(A huge world wide tree huggers organization) for those of you who didn't know that! You can also talk to the counselor about rejecting HUBBY!! Just kidding, we all know we aren't as funny as you are so please don't hold us accountable. Love Ya
My daughter desperately wants to climb trees. She's 6, and the only "tree" semi-suitable is an apricot tree that happens to be really pokey. Lucky her.
Glad to hear you survived, as did your son!!
Ok, so that anon commenter is none other than my adorable hubby. Who thought he would be witty by suggesting I was in Green Peace way back then. I am over-controlling and maniacal, so I rejected his comment. I know, I know. So, I begged his forgiveness and all is well in our household now. And he got to repost his comment. And now God has another issue to deal with me on. :-)
Post a Comment