About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Friday, November 16, 2007

Lost and Found

Yesterday, Big Brother went to spend the night with Nana, so it was just Little Man this morning. I naively thought, "Oh, I should go the grocery store, that will be easier with just one." Easier, yes. Easy, no.
Well, let me give him the credit he deserves. Since we found out he was allergic to milk, he's been drinking soymilk. I know, soy isn't the best choice, but it was the only thing we could figure out. We tried Lactose-free, rice milk, etc.
Anyway! I am getting off topic, here. This morning I had used up the last drop of his milk, so a bottle of apple juice had to suffice. Well, it didn't and he was pretty hungry. I tried filling him up on oatmeal, but he wasn't buying it. So, at the grocery store, he did well considering he was soooo hungry for his milk. I tried to stay calm as he started squealing and trying to get out of the buggy. He's also started this thing where he wants to be carried and not sit in the buggy! So, I was holding my list, trying to find dried beef for Aunt Patty's Famous Cheeseball, and hold a baby down in the cart, and smile politely at the elderly-people-who-love-to-make-faces-at-babies, all while navigating holiday shoppers! Meanwhile, he kicked off a shoe and was pointing furiously at his foot. When I noticed it, we tried to circle back and go find it. No luck.
So, the nice people at HEB have been given my name and number and instructions to call as soon as they find the Size 5 Brown Baby Shoe, which should be somewhere around the dried beef. (By the way, Armour, if you're going to switch from a glass jar, to a shiny new plastic package, could you kindly let your faithful buyers know in time for their Thanksgiving menus, so that we can find it??)

2 comments:

EllaJac said...

Oh NO!!! This is TERRIBLE!
.
.
.
.
.
I hate dried beef, but I LOVE those jars! What will we drink from?!? I need to run back to town and see if they're glass or not. So sad.

In other news: aren't strikethru's fun? I'm SO not HTML savvy, but I finally have that one figured out. It's not letting me post it because it recognizes the 'tag' but can't use it. Right before the word you want to strike, type an s between these: <> Right afterwards, type /s (slash, s)between the same little things. Good luck!

MamaJ said...

Wow, I would have never figured that out! Thank you ellajac!

Radical | A book by David Platt