About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

And so it begins...

Well, I knew the day would come eventually, and today was that day. The day all mothers know will come, and yet hope they might be able to avoid.
Little Man said THE WORD. You know, the WORD that starts a whole new level of child training. The WORD that makes things change in an instant. It takes the smoking out of a restaurant, the fat out of cookies, and the parking out of a really good space. That WORD.

It all started when...

A friend and I had to go get some things for our MOPS group. We were so over shopping with three very bored little children and stopped to grab a bite to eat. X-Man went to play in the playarea and we finished up with the two littles. Little Man was tired, cranky and not happy about being left behind at the table. He started a World Class Tantrum in about 6.0 seconds. As I am trying to correct him and make him calm down, he screams and babbles his defiance. He isn't quite fluent yet, he only has a few words in his vocabulary. Mommy, Daddy, bruddah, dog, shoe, and hewwo? are the ones we have distinguished.

But, today, hidden in his protest was a very clear, very audible, "NO!!"

My jaw hit the ground! I could not believe my baby was already saying NO!!
I looked at my friend in amazement. "Did he just say No???"

"I think so!!!" she answered, equally amazed.

Then the lady across the aisle pipes up, "Yeah, he did, I heard him!"
Great, even a stranger heard him!

Well, now we have to be more diligent than ever. Time to re-read "To Train Up a Child," I suppose! Anyone have any other good child training books they want to share?

2 comments:

EllaJac said...

I like Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp!

MamaJ said...

I will have to get that one! Thanks!

Radical | A book by David Platt