About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Christmas Photo

Why do we even bother with all the Christmas Photo Opportunities??? The waiting in line to take a Santa pic, forcing a screaming child to be held by a total stranger. Or the posing in front of a fake background at Sears, for a picture we probably won't display year-round? So, why do we go through this? For evidence. "We had Christmas this year."

Let's talk about the whole card/picture thing. People usually send out a dozen (or two, or three) Christmas cards. They used to have handwritten messages. Maybe you've even sent out a full-blown Holiday Newsletter before.

Now, we have graduated to the "Picture Card." There's nothing wrong with the "Picture Card", per se. It's just that getting the picture right is sooo hard!! Once you finally pick out the right picture, you now have to pick out a background. Then sum up all of your holiday wishes into one or two lines to be printed. Don't bother writing a cheery note on the back, it'll just smear - or worse, bleed through to the picture side.

So, what caused all this ranting today? Well... we spent the better part of the morning out at a secret location, trying to take the right picture for our....Picture Card. Yup, wasn't that a great idea?! The kids were squirmy, cars kept driving by, and the sun was playing Peek-a-Boo with our very sensitive blue eyes. We finally got a decent shot, which I can't post here until after I send out the cards, obviously. Hopefully that will happen before December 25th. At this point, there's no telling. (Oh, but I did buy the kind of card you insert a picture into, so I can at least write a personal message inside it. See? I'm not a total hypocrite!)

No comments:

Radical | A book by David Platt