Now, we have been upgraded, professionally installed and ethernet-ed to death. I currently have two subscriptions being paid for (until we get that modem back to Time Warner), my telephone number is being fought over by two companies, and I have email out there somewhere in limbo. It's either below 13th street, or slightly above the nearest rainbow, depending on which address it's going to!
That's because we made THE SWITCH. Oh, you know what I am talking about. From CABLE to SATELLITE. Oooooh, I said it! And you know what??? Frankly, I can't tell a single difference. The same
Tonight, I ran back and forth between the computer and the stove, trying to make dinner, while I was involved in a "Live Chat Help Session". Let's use the word "help" lightly. It took at least 4 minutes between the "person's" response time and the language was a little bit off. Not like American English, you know? Most definitely not like Southern, Redneck English. (Which is barely English at all, but that's another post.) The other "person" did not get my slang whatsoever. I mean, come on. Like, totally.
So, either I was chatting with a very unhelpful computer, or a very unhelpful person in a country that speaks English as a Second Language. Hmmmm, either way, I better not get charged for it. I finally logged off and fixed the problem myself!
I just don't get all the High-Definition hype. It is mostly a MAN thing to want to HDTV, let's be honest. But, I'll tell you this. I do like me some HD ESPN.
That's right. ESPN.
You thought I was going to say Home and Garden TV, didn'tcha? I should be more specific, I like the ESPN-U channel. Where they show college games and all.... Like the Duke game, where they just won over Georgia. Right now, I am watching last summer's Drum and Bugle Corps International Finals, in High-Def. Oh yeah, Band Nerds, this is the life! You can see every cumberbund up close and in person. Well, I must run, Carolina Crown is about to come on!
Later internets.

1 comment:
Eeek! I'm so sorry... :) Just kidding. For LAST year's birthday, I "got" to remove Satellite tv from our house! Yay! Of course, I had to "buy" it with getting Hubby a subscription to SAtellite radio and Netflix, but... :D
Post a Comment