About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"THE PROJECT"

Here's the detailed version of our Bookshelf Project! I know you were dying to hear more about it, weren't you? Did you lose some sleep last night over it? Poor thing!

Hubby had an old bookshelf that his grandfather made for him about 16 years ago. We loaded into the UHaul when we moved to NC and it's transformed quite a bit over the years!


First, we had to add support to it because of the weight of all my books. (You'll see what I mean in a minute.) About two years ago, we painted it white and took off the bottom doors. We added more beadboard to the back and painted that white as well. Then, we needed a new hole for a lamp cord to pass thru. When we moved to TX, we turned the thing on its side and added more shelves to it. Finally, I came home from last fall's visit to NC, and Hubby and Sister-in-law had turned it back upright and rearranged my books on it. Did I mention they had rearranged my books on it? Bless Their Hearts.

***We briefly interrupt this blogging experience for a public service announcement! ATTENTION HUSBANDS! If your wife is a Bibliophile and has OCD tendencies, do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT rearrange her books haphazardly while she is away from home. If you feel you must, please, PLEASE do not enlist the help of any other woman (family member or not) to also rearrange her furniture and pictures. This is for your own good, gentlemen. That is all. We now return you to the sub-par entertainment you were enjoying.****

So, anywhoo... We finally had had enough of the plain white bookshelf and the overwhelming upright-ness of it. That's when Hubby decided he wanted to cut it in half and make it into TWO bookshelves! Since, we also wanted to make some dvd/cd shelves, so why not do it all at the same time? Why not, indeed!

Here's the mound o' books that I had to get off the original shelf.


Here are the shelves, mid-project.


Voila! Final Outcome! We love our new shelves! I think Hubby's grandfather would be proud that he shares his love of wood-working.


I finally got everything put back up this morning. It all looks great!
Oh, and when it was all said and done, Hubby says, "I like all the matching paint colors!"
I quipped, "Yep, the only things out of place now are the couches! Haha."
He very seriously replied, "Well, they do make a fabric paint...."


Lord, Help Us! Please no!!!! Make it stop!!!

(Oh, and should you feel the need to zoom in and look at all my books... First of all, you're as weird as I am; Secondly, go ahead. I Ain't Skeered!)

3 comments:

EllaJac said...

Wow... that's kinda scary. Not the bookshelves, but their contents (yes, I clicked on them!). Did you come steal my books? No, they are all here... No wonder we get along so well!

MamaJ said...

Ah, thank the Lord for Cyber Friends! Sigh...tooo bad you're far far away in the place I won't reveal, and I am down here in Cajun Land. We could share some book reviews and I could see your mad skillz/sewing projects in person! Smiles!!

EllaJac said...

Hehe! Yeah, Sitemeter totally screws up the anonymity, huh? Oh well. You'd still be hard-pressed to actually FIND me, as my server seems to think we're in another small town 30 mins from here.. :)

Radical | A book by David Platt