Ugh!!! Sorry, but I must vent. Just returned from a follow-up visit with the Dr. who did my LASIK surgery. First of all, I cannot stand it when Dr's schedule appointment times and do not even attempt to make them. This Dr. was at his other office and showed up an HOUR late for my appt. It's one thing if someone has an emergency, or hey, even if he got a flat tire. But, they just had too many people scheduled! This actually happened the first time we went to see him also. Hmmmmm.
So, my kids are trying to be good; playing with the various things in the office, playing "Eye Spy," and even entertaining the nurses. Finally, they had had enough. Little Man smelled like he had blown a hole clear through his diaper and the room reeked! And the fussing commenced. I tried to stop it at first, then decided, "You know what? Maybe it will hurry him along."
So, I let them scream.
When Dr. Late finally came in, he had the nerve to ask, "What's wrong with him?"
I replied, "I think he's just tired of being in this doctor's office."
XMan added, "Yeah, it took you SO LONG to get here!!" (Now, I do not advocate my kids being rude, but I smiled inside at that one. I "shushed" him on the ouside.) When we were finished - less than 10 minutes later - XMan exclaimed, "We waited sooo long for that little bit???"
THEN, we go to check out and schedule our next ill-fated appt. and the girl asks, "Okay, did you have a 3 o'clock appt. today?"
I grimaced and replied, "NO, I had a TWO O'CLOCK APPOINTMENT TODAY!!!!"
Sigh, let the pregnancy hormones begin....

No comments:
Post a Comment