About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Auto Mechanics R Us

Yesterday, if you had driven by my house, you might have seen a very pregnant woman perched under the hood of a Jeep Wrangler, helping her husband do something called "correcting the firing timing." Whatever that means. By perched, I mean on my knees, on the engine block. Are you laughing hysterically yet? I'm sure it looked hysterical. But, hey, Daddy needed the extra hands, and mine were the only ones remotely capable of helping...

You might have also seen two very filthy little boys - on their second set of clothing, nonetheless- chasing a half-washed dog around the yard. When Little Man jumped into the water we had used to wash the dog, I knew all hope was lost for retaining any cleanliness.

My goal this week is to get the house ready for Little Man's upcoming birthday party!! It might turn into a Saturday morning free-for-all, but I will go ahead and promise my guests a somewhat clean house. Now that it's in print, I think I am committed.

Oh, and lest any of you think about hiring me to come take a look at the sound your car is making, please know that I still have no idea what I did.

2 comments:

melanie said...

But the question is, is the car fixed? If so, you might be hired. Mine is making a funny noise. Plus I think the entertainment value is worth quite a bit. :-P

Jenn said...

I always love reading your posts. You never cease to make me laugh..lol...

Radical | A book by David Platt