About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, August 4, 2008

The strangest things happen to me....

Just last night at church, I was telling some of my friends about how random things just seem to happen to me daily. Last night was no exception! We started out at church, fellowshipping with friends while we all took part in a church-wide outreach. Out of nowhere, a huge storm cropped up and we were watching the doors blow open and shut on the gym. It was a crazy display of nature as the wind was bending trees over, and the rain was coming down in torrents.
We decided to head out early, and went to a friend's house for coffee. We were probably gone 3 more hours, after the storm had started it's rampage. So, when we pulled into the driveway last night and saw OUR DOOR STANDING WIDE OPEN, you can imagine our horror!! Hubby went in bravely, and checked to make sure there wasn't an intruder lurking. But, as I peeked in the front door, I could see all of our electronics still sitting there, covered in dust, where we had left them. So, I knew it couldn't be that serious, because nothing valuable was taken. Unless someone had been after our piles of clutter in specific, haha.

Turns out, both Hubby and I had had second thoughts about whether the door actually shut all the way when we left. Guess we should've followed that instinct, huh? Nothing was damaged from the storm, just a few pieces of mail in the floor. And our door had apparently been sitting open, with the living room light on for at least three hours!!! I think it's safe to say we live in a low-crime area, eh?

In other news, we have a tropical storm heading this way. Just in time for our 8th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow!!! Yeehaw!! Nothing like picking up tree limbs on your anniversary, ha. So, I am off to finish tightening up the house for tonight's storm.

1 comment:

melanie said...

Nothing like a date of picking up limbs to celebrate an anniversary! Here's to hoping all of those limbs are small! Happy Anniversary!!

Radical | A book by David Platt