In other news, the kids and I successfully made it to NC last night! We stopped just over the mountains, at my aunt's home in the foothills of NC. I am so thankful she lives here, we could never have made the drive all the way into Charlotte, or further to my Mom's house. We were some tired and cranky travelers yesterday! There is definitely a limit on how long a 5 yr. old and a 2 yr. old can be in a car together, with limited amounts of entertainment. I think we broke that limit, oh, the first day!? Overall, I drove 732 miles yesterday to get here. We drove from Little Rock, passed by Memphis and Nashville, got turned a round a wee bit outside of Knoxville, and finally made it over the mountains into NC. (FYI: Lenoir City, TN on TN Hwy 321 is NOT the same as Lenoir, NC off of NC Hwy 321. Just in case you ever go this way!)
We saw some interesting things long the way. Especially one town that will forever be imprinted in my memory. BUCKSNORT, TN. Does anybody know someone from Bucksnort???? Please, please tell me if you do!!! I am so curious to find out- if you live in Bucksnort, are you a "Bucksnorter," or perhaps a "Bucksnort-ite?" Maybe even a "Bucksnortian"?? Obviously we can tell the favorite pasttime of Bucksnort residents, it simply has to be deer hunting!!
Speaking of deer, we also crossed over "Forked Deer River." Hmmm, I have always just heard a forked deer called: venison. Maybe "Venison River" didn't sound as appealing....
While the boys and I were braving the interstate highway system, Hubby was making his way back down to our little hometown. He made it astonishingly at the same time I did. Since I had a much greater distance to go, this is a little funny. Apparently the
Once we get the "all clear" we will make our way back down to Tejas. Until then, my pregnant self is staying put with family members who have refrigeration and air conditioning. Not to mention, when I walk outside right now, there are NO MOSQUITOES!!! (Cue: Angels singing.) The scenery was so beautiful driving back through the Appalachians yesterday. But, after being in FlatLand for almost two years now, I was starting to get a little dizzy from all the curves. I am not sure we'll drive home the same way. Actually, I would prefer not driving home at all. I (half-jokingly) asked Hubby if he would mind if I took the car to CARMAX and sold it. Then I could just buy plane tickets home...
Ok, well I have someone volunteering to play with the children and let me sleep, so I must be insane for typing on this computer right now! Talk to you guys later!

2 comments:
glad to hear that you made it safely to NC. I know you are feeling quite blessed to be there with your fam. Also glad to hear your home weathered the storm ok. Ours too, but some not so lucky. Keep praying...
So glad to hear you're safe and sound and so is your home. I can't imagine doing what you're doing when I was pregnant with my 3rd baby. Hats off to you. Blessings, Whitney
Post a Comment