About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Roughing It...

While I was up here feeling sorry for my poor Hubby who is back down in the flooded, miserable southeast Texas environment, he was busy planning a football party at our house for Monday night football!

Last night, a 24ft U-Haul truck pulled up at their company office. The branch office from New Orleans had sent a truckload of supplies and generators for them! So, Hubby, his boss, and a few others were loading up on the tons of food the company had sent! Apparently, someone from the Louisiana office had decided to practically buy out a Sam's Club and there were pallets of food, bottled water, toilet paper, gasoline, generators, etc.

When I talked to him this morning, he had the refridgerator, fans and satellite TV running! Since he's the only one who could get a TV operational, the guys will be gathering at our house to watch the Dallas game, apparently, ha! Guess I will quit worrying about him having to rough it!

However, he did say the damage done to his parent's house in their nearby town was pretty extensive. The water level was up to his waist inside the house, and the remaining mess is going to be quite a clean up. They will be letting people in to assess their damage and then they have to leave until the town is liveable once again.

On our way up here, we passed convoy after convoy of power line trucks, rescue vehicles, and even a huge 25 truck convoy that said "Water Rescue Team." Hubby says he thinks most of those will be heading to Galveston and Houston, they haven't seen that many coming to our little town yet. They did see some power line trucks and tree trimming crews, plus the National Guard has shown up to help hand out supplies.

In other news, they started doing a few samples of gasoline tanks today! That's good news for all of you around the country, gas should be back to normal soon! He also said that this price gouging is completely unlawful, & they were told to go in and demand to see the manager. They are still only paying $3.80 for it right in the middle of the disaster area. Not to mention, these gas stations that are charging the $5.00 a gallon, are still selling gas they bought before the hurricane!

Ok, well, I have one little link to share and then I will talk to you guys tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey check this our while everyone thinks we are doing good and our wonderful government comes through for us. Real good thing i work for a multi trillion dollar company that does take care of its employees that call and let them know they're in town.

http://www.klvi.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=131491&article=4251567

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with you through Cayce and I'm praying for you!

Love-

Elley

Radical | A book by David Platt