About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Plan B...and Plan C...maybe a Plan D....

So, do you see that little ticker up there that says "25 days to go" until the baby comes? Do you think I am freaking out just a little bit? If you said yes, you're right!
We're still in NC, hoping to leave by next Wednesday or Thursday. I am not looking forward to the long drive with the kids again, but it must be done! (Hubby didn't buy my idea of selling the car for plane tickets idea...drat.)
In the meantime, I am trying not to have this baby early. So far, she's staying put pretty well. I have had my usual Braxton-Hicks contractions off and on, but nothing to really worry about. One time, they seemed to be coming because I was dehydrated, oops. I really want to get back to Texas and be with my Hubby before this little girl arrives!
But, if something were to happen between now and the time I pull into our driveway, I have a few ideas on what I might do.... I have a midwife connection via a friend, and then of course, Mom is pretty gung-ho for me to go to her hospital if I actually go into labor. If I should go into labor on the way home...hmm.
Well, that's a bit trickier. But I could just deliver the baby myself (with the kids freaking out in the backseat). Then we could call 911 to come help tidy up a bit. Or, I could cruise into the nearest hospital and waddle into the emergency room with both kids - between contractions, that is. Then, I would probably ask for some volunteers (is candy-striper politically correct?) to take the kids to whatever Children's Hospital play area they had while I finished having their sister.
Ha, now don't all of those options sound grand?? The good news is, my children haven't typically come early. The only one was our second, and we prayed for him to come before the doctors could intervene. Even then, he came at 39 weeks 1 day. Not too bad. Pray for me to get home before using any of those ideas! Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! (no pun intended) We'll be praying you up. Blessings, Whitney

EllaJac said...

At least you're considering all possibilities!

I stopped by to see if you might forgive me for never completing that meme/tag thingy you sent my way some time ago.. Wait, don't jump to forgiveness just yet; I was tagged again and had more inspiration (I guess) for the six things, so I did it... AND I tagged you. *sigh* I know, I'm terrible. But it's at my blog if you at least want to read it. :)

Radical | A book by David Platt