About Me

My photo
SINNER. Saved by GRACE. Living out life as a Mom, Wife, Daughter, Sister, and Friend. I love Jesus, my husband, my children, books, homeschooling and large quantities of coffee.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

This stuff is awesome!

In our area, mosquitoes practically rule the outdoors! Especially if you have sensitive skin, like the kids and I do! As soon as I walk outside, I can count on a swarm of the nasty little bugs coming towards me. Lately, we've been coating ourselves in "Off: Deep Woods." It works fine, but the smell is horrendous! Not to mention, it seems to make Little Man's skin actually burn when I spray him with it. :-p

So, today I cracked open a tin of "Badger Balm," which I have had, but just hadn't used yet. Hello!! I should have opened this thing months ago! It works wonders! It smells sort of herbal (read: citronella-ish), but it worked all day long! I didn't even need to reapply this evening when we went back out. The best part is, it's all-natural, none of the crazy chemicals that other brands of bug spray have. I sure wish I had known about this last year, when we were being introduced to the great big world of Southeast Texas mosquitoes.

2 comments:

Heather said...

WOW!!! I must get some! Poor Emmalyn has 3 or 4 sores on her body from mesquito bites that she scratched into open wounds. :( Where did you get it?

MamaJ said...

Somebody gave it to me, but they list HEB as one of their suppliers. I plan to look next time I am there.

Radical | A book by David Platt