Well, I guess I need to remind myself of what I thought I learned from last week's hurricane experience. Especially #6, where I said I learned that my anxiety levels directly affect the anxiety levels of my family. Or, in #7, where I said I learned that I could trust God to take care of us in these situations.....
I am starting to feel like these "natural disasters" cannot even compare to what people must feel like living in war-torn countries. I can't imagine the stress of constantly being on alert, never knowing if your home or family will be in danger that day. So, in some sense, our once-a-year Seasonal Distress is just a drop in the bucket compared to what thousands of other people go through each day. Also, as my friend Sarah mentioned (on her myspace), at least we have the option to leave and get out of here. We aren't stuck on a tiny island with an oppressive government that doesn't allow evacuations, i.e. Cuba.
In light of all that, why do I still feel so miserable about the thought of going through this all over again this week!? Maybe it's just the late-in-pregnancy-exhaustion taking over. I can't get enough sleep, and it just isn't coming at night anymore! Accomplishing a single load of clothes or dishes is becoming a massive undertaking. Not to mention that Mommy is too uncomfortable to get on the floor and play or chase around my very active boys. And for some reason, if I am out of ideas for fun things to play, they run out too?? It has all made for some very BLAH days around here.
Sorry! I wish this was a more insightful post! Perhaps I will have a stroke of genius hit me over the next few days... (Oh, and tomorrow, we drive to Houston to go see a specialist for Hubby's elbow. Hopefully, we leave with a surgery date and a gameplan!) I think I need to read this book, soon!

1 comment:
Hang in there! On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand. Sometimes God uses whatever is at hand to remind us to "Be Still and Know That I Am God." Keep your chin up and your head bowed. It's a tough time to live in Hurricane country, and the end of a pregnancy is Never Easy. Especially with little ones to chase; been there! Blessings, Whitney
Post a Comment